Axaptapedia is now maintained by AgileCadence For more information please click here.
Revision as of 09:05, 28 November 2006 by MaxBelugin
Creates a Shared/Private project with selected project nodes and opens it in a new window: download
- Added the project node Jobs intot the settings tree - now it's possible to add this project group into the created project as well.
- AxCreateNewProject is a nice tool to help you get started on a project - it will create a shared or a private project with specified project nodes for you and open it in a new window, so that you can start edding objects right away.
- (also included: a bmp file to add this tool as a plugin for Tabax)
- Import the xpo project. (contains a class, a form and a menu item to run the class)
- Recompile all (in case of errors)
- If you have Tabax tool installed, place action_AxCreateNewProject.bmp file from directory in zip file into the '<application>\Share\Include\tabax\plugs' folder
- If you do not have Tabax installed, you can add the menuItem to a menu you like, for example, the GlobalToolsMenu, or the DevelopmentTools menu
- Start creating project (it is a 2 click action!)
- When you open the menuItem (click the button on Tabax toolbar, for example), you will be prompted with a form containing settings for the new project.
- The first time all the settings will be shown (the default values set) and you will be able to choose the Project type, the prefix for the project name, specify the project nodes you want to create in your project.
- If you set the "Do not show settings next time" checkbox, the next time you use the tool you will be prompted with the same form, but only the name of the project will be shown
- The rest of the settings is still available - you just have to click the + sign near the "Set Project Settings" line.
- The Project name prefix will be concatenated with the project name when you click OK.
- If there are errors in the project name, i.e. the name is too long or contains illegal characters, the project will not be created and the user will return to the dialog form and will be able to correct the mistakes
- Next to the project name there is an indicator to show you, whether the name of the project (with prefix) is valid. It is green if everything is OK and turns red, if something is wrong.
- If you type in a name that already exists, the indicator will also turn red. If you still press OK, you will be prompted with a dialog asking whether you want to update the existing project adding new nodes into it. If you press "No", you will be returned to the previous dialog and will be able to change the settings.
- make window resizable